Are you passionate about your work as a counsellor and working with the community for a well regarded NGO dedicated to enhancing the lives of children, adults, family and whanau? Are you flexible, professional and keen to be part of a diverse team? If so, Family Works may have the position for you!
Family Works is one of the largest NGOs providing integrated social services for the whole community. We provide a range of services to families and communities including social work, counselling, mediation, mentoring and parenting support.
We are seeking a dedicated experienced professional who enjoys a challenge and plenty of diversity. In this role you’ll deliver counselling, group work and related support to children and young people individuals, couples, families and whanau.
We can offer a great training package and professional support within a diverse team dedicated to promoting children’s wellbeing.
The successful applicant will have:
- Good experience in working with vulnerable individuals, couples and families, children and young people.
- Membership with a professional organisation.
- A relevant professional tertiary qualification.
- Ability to work competently and meet cultural needs.
- Flexible safe and creative approaches in supporting vulnerable children and whanau.
- Sound knowledge and experience of working with family violence and child protection.
- Strong organisational skills and IT competence.
- Skills in group delivery advantageous, as would accreditation in Family Dispute Resolution and ACC
It is important that you are someone who aligns to the mission and values of the organisation.
This is a full time permanent position based in Upper Hutt but working Greater Wellington Region.
For further information and/or a copy of the Job Description please contact Vicky Hayward (HR Advisor) on (04) 439-4919.
Only those with the legal right to work in NZ may apply.
Candidates should expect to undergo police vetting for these roles and Family Works may need to contact our key stakeholders such as Ministry of Social Development or Ministry of Justice to ensure that there is no conflict of interest between the candidate and the organisation.
Applications close: 13th October 2017, 5pm.