We value our staff as much as our clients
Are you a qualified and experienced Social Worker who is passionate about working full time with children and their families/ whanau? If so, Family Works may have the position for you!
Family Works is one of the largest NGOs providing integrated social services for the whole community. Family Works provides a range of services to families and communities including needs assessments, social work, counselling and therapy and a range of life-skills and parenting courses.
Social Workers in Schools is an early intervention and preventative social work service based the school environment. We are looking for a social worker with experience and interest in working with a diverse range of cultures. A key part of the role requires experience and skills in developing group work and facilitating a range of needs based preventative programmes.
You will be:
- a qualified and experienced Social Worker (SWRB registered or eligible for registration)
- passionate about working with children in schools
- familiar with working in culturally diverse environments
- proactive and have good time management and computer skills
- a self starter who can work independently
- competent with demonstrating and implementing a range of social work practices e.g. strengths based, solution focused and goal oriented
- a strong networker with community stake holders and enjoy developing new professional networks for your client group
- familiar with the Porirua community
- motivated by professional supervision
- currently holding a NZ driver’s licence and have a reliable vehicle
It is important that you are someone who aligns to the mission and values of the organisation.
This role is 40 hours per week. Some travel will be required within the Family Works Central region.
For further information, please contact Robern Austin on 0297713441 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those with the legal right to work in NZ may apply.