This fixed term role from 25th March to 18th October 2019 involves the overseeing a small team of whanau kaimahi (supervised contact workers). You will work on Tuesdays 8.30am-1pm, Thursdays 8-30am-1pm and Fridays 8.30-10.30am.
You will oversee the provision of contact supervision of children and young people with their families and significant others in their lives. The main aim of this supervision is to provide a safe and secure environment for children.
This fixed term position provides cover for a parental leave.
It is beneficial if you have:
- Experience and/or a qualification in working with children and/or people
- Experience in coordination and supervising staff
- Keen observation and reporting skills
- Good written and verbal skills
- Understanding of the Children, Young Persons and their Children Act and other relevant legislation
- Current First Aid certificate
- Full unrestricted drivers licence
- Access to a reliable car with comprehensive insurance
- Ability to work with clients who display challenging and difficult behaviours.
- Weekend and weekday work also available as additional option.
To apply visit our website: https://psc.qjumpers.co.nz/jobs/
Closing Date: 24 January 2019
Police check: We require all applicants to complete a Police check as part of the application process. Only those with the legal right to work in NZ may apply.