Kandahar Home and Court
- $19.80 + an hour
- 30 hours a week
Enliven is a not-for-profit service providing aged residential care to older people in the lower half of the North Island. We believe older people should remain connected to their community and live stimulating and fulfilling lives. All our homes embrace an elder directed model of care called the Eden Alternative.
Kandahar is home to residents who require rest home, hospital and dementia care. We also have flats for residents living independently.
As a Recreation Officer you will:
- Run day activities with staff and volunteers
- Plan the social calendar for the home
- Support our residents to pursue their interests
- Help our residents to maintain connection with their community
- Guide our residents to learn new skills
This role offers the opportunity to develop your knowledge and judgement as a diversional therapist within a positive ageing context. You will work closely with our trainers to complete a level 4 Diversional Therapy Training, within your first year.
The hours of work are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 9:30am – 4pm
What we're looking for
The ideal candidate will have:
- A current drivers licence
- An energetic and enthusiastic personality
- The desire to obtain qualifications
- Good people skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
How to Apply
Applications close: 24 February 2019
To Apply please visit our website https://psc.qjumpers.co.nz/jobs/
To discuss the role or for more information, contact Peter Newman, Kandahar Manager, on 06 370 0447
As a community health care provider, Enliven operates a strict smoke free policy across all our sites.