Woburn Home, Lower Hutt
- $19.80 + an hour
- 12 Hours per week
- Gain qualifications
Enliven is a not-for-profit service providing aged residential care to older people in the lower half of the North Island. We believe older people should remain connected to their community and live stimulating and fulfilling lives. All our homes embrace an elder directed model of care called the Eden Alternative.
Woburn is home to residents who require rest home and hospital level care.
As a Recreation Officer you will:
- Run day activities with staff and volunteers
- Plan the social calendar for the home
- Support our residents to pursue their interests
- Help our residents to maintain connection with their community
- Guide our residents to learn new skills
This role offers you the opportunity to develop your knowledge and judgement as a diversional therapist within a positive ageing context. You will work closely with our trainers to gain a qualification in Diversional Therapy.
The hours of work are Tuesdays and Saturdays 10am – 4.30pm
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- A current drivers licence
- An energetic and enthusiastic personality
- The desire to obtain qualifications
- Good people skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferable
How to Apply
Applications close: 19 March 2019
To Apply please visit our website https://psc.qjumpers.co.nz/jobs/
To discuss the role or for more information, contact Stephanie Blossom on 04 569 6400
As a community health care provider, Enliven operates a strict smoke free policy across all our sites.